Coaching Session Specifics
A typical month of coaching includes 2 hours of coaching per month.
Coaching takes place by skype or phone per month. From time to time, Sue also offers in-person coaching in her healing space in the Comox Valley area, Vancouver Island, Canada. She does not do out-calls.
The frequency and length of the coaching sessions will be decided upon by coach and client. You can request two 60 minute sessions, three 40 minute sessions or four 30 minute sessions per month. The shorter the call, the more preparation is required from the coachee: short calls are most effective when you have a defined topic and desired outcome for the call. Laser coaching calls are all 1 hr each.
I recommend longer sessions to begin with if you are new to coaching so we can establish a working relationship with a gentler flow, but it’s really up to you.
My experience to date suggests that the more defined and clear your topic, the shorter the session can be. If your topic is related to the bigger goal underway, and is transcendent* in nature, having more time to explore can be helpful.
How do we begin?
- If you are considering working with me call to schedule a free consultation. You can get coached on topic of your choice to see if we feel like a good “fit” and have a conversation about the packages and next steps.
- Once you decide to work with me, I send you a coaching survey to fill out. This will form the basis of our discovery session, the first (and free) session one payment has been arranged.
- You sign a contract of agreement (which clarifies our roles and responsibilities in the coaching relationship and outlines my policies on cancellations and payment) and return it to me with your first payment for service.
- We schedule a 1.5 hr discovery session ( no charge to you for this) and decide if we are working by phone or skype. The discovery session is where we will review the coaching survey and explore how we might best work with one another. The survey forms the basis of our agreement and will be a point of review as we approach our closing session.
- When you feel you are complete with the coaching, we use the last session of the month to review our work together. This is where we can review how far you’ve come, and celebrate your personal strengths and successes. I will also request some feedback on ways to improve my services, packages or coaching that you may have to share (I also welcome feedback on my service at any time). If you are extending the coaching by purchasing another package, we can conduct a shorter review and save the closing session for a later date. If you prefer to move to a month to month relationship, that’s okay too. You have several options available to you as you move forward.
Sue is a member of the International Coach Federation and is a certified Professional Certified Coach (PCC) Coach. A Professional Certified Coach- has a minimum of 500 hours of coach experience. As a ICF member, Sue agrees to provide coach services according to the ICF ethical guidelines, which can be found here: https://www.coachfederation.org/about/ethics.aspx?ItemNumber=854